In conducting the JBA TIBOR operation, JBA TIBOR Administration ("JBATA") will ensure appropriate protection and use of personal information in accordance with the following policies.
1. Acquisition, Use, and Disclosure
- (1) JBATA will obtain personal information to the extent necessary for its operational purposes in an appropriate and legitimate means.Further, JBATA will not obtain, use, or disclose to any third party, sensitive information except as otherwise required by the law and when other exceptions apply.
- (2) In handling personal information, JBATA will specify the purpose of use wherever possible.
- (3) JBATA will not handle personal information beyond the specified purpose without prior consent from the concerned personnel or unless otherwise required by law.
- (4) In disclosing personal data to a third party, JBATA will obtain consent from the concerned personnel in advance, except as otherwise required by the law.
2. Source of Personal Information
JBATA will obtain personal information of the JBA TIBOR users from the information sources including but not limited to:
(Example of Information Sources)
- ・Information directly provided to JBATA through documents completed and submitted by JBA TIBOR users for requesting JBATA to deliver various journals or to address inquiries and complaints;
- ・Personal data of employees of members, related financial institutions, and third parties, such as counterparties, provided to JBATA in order to facilitate communication.
3. Publication of Purpose of Use
When JBATA has obtained personal information, it will, in a proper and prompt manner, notify or publicize the purpose of use unless such purpose is announced beforehand.(For details, please see "Purpose for Use of Personal Information".)
4. Request of Disclosure
- (1) When JBATA is requested to disclose personal data and records provided to third parties by the relevant personnel, disclosure will be made to the relevant personnel unless there are concerns the disclosure may significantly affect JBATA's appropriate administration of operations.
- (2) When JBATA is requested to correct, add or delete the contents of the personal data from the relevant personnel ( "Correction,"), it will carry out investigation to the extent necessary to meet the objectives of the use, and arrange the Correction as appropriate according to the investigation result.
- (3) When JBATA is requested to suspend use of or delete personal data, or suspend disclosure of personal data to a third party ("Suspension,"), from the relevant personnel, it will arrange the Suspension, if such request is considered to be determined with justifiable reason.
- (4) For detailed procedure, please see "Procedures for requests for disclosure of records and personal data provided to third parties".
5. Safeguarding of Personal Information
In order to prevent leakage, loss or destruction of, and to safeguard personal information, JBATA will establish and implement necessary and appropriate measures in accordance with the "Guideline for Practical Affairs Regarding Safety Control Measures Specified in the Guideline on the Protection of Personal Information in the Financial Sector" issued by the Financial Services Agency in Japan ( "JFSA") and other related laws and regulations.
For detailed measures, please see "Measures Taken for the Security Management of Retained Personal Data".
6. Compliance with Relevant Laws and Regulations
In handling personal information, including safety control measures, JBATA will comply with relevant laws and regulations, such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, as well as the Guideline for Personal Information Protection in the Financial Field issued by JFSA and other related guidelines.
7. Implementation of education and training
JBATA will periodically provide its officers and employees with appropriate education and training to ensure the safeguarding of personal information.
8. Implementation of inspection and audit
JBATA will inspect and audit the handling of personal information periodically and as necessary.
9. Addressing Incidents Including Leakage
In the event of an accidental leakage of personal information, JBATA will implement necessary measures, including reporting to the supervisory authorities, publication of the fact and measures for preventing recurrence of the incident, and notification to the concerned personnel whose information was compromised.
10. Efforts for Continuous Improvements
JBATA will implement as-needed reviews to continuously improve the handling of personal information including safety control measures.
11. Contact for Questions regarding Personal Information
JBATA will promptly respond to and address any inquiries, comments, requests, consultation and complaints regarding the handling of personal information.
Monday to Friday (excluding holidays and bank holidays)
9:00 a.m. to 11:20 a.m., 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (JST)
July 1, 2022
JBA TIBOR Administration(JBATA）
3-1, Marunouchi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Representative Director(Vice Chairperson) Matsuo TSUJI
Purpose of Using Personal Information
In relation to its operations, JBATA will use personal information of the JBA TIBOR users in order to:
- (1) Receive, address, record and retain consultation, inquiries, comments or complaints from the JBA TIBOR users;
- (2) Notify reference banks and request reference banks to address such complaints from JBA TIBOR users, consider a revision of the operation according to such complaints, put other institutions on those complaints;
- (3) Implement necessary measures which require reference banks to comply with the JBA TIBOR Code of Conduct issued by JBATA;
- (4) Provide reference banks with relevant information which ensures proper operation of JBA TIBOR;
- (5) Implement training which ensures proper operation of JBA TIBOR;
- (6) Convene committees and other meetings, deliver committee/meeting materials and disseminate committee/meeting information;
- (7) Conduct survey and research for appropriate operation of JBA TIBOR;
- (8) Process necessary transactions with concerned counterparties; and
- (9) Notify various information deemed necessary for the operation of JBA TIBOR not included in the aforementioned items.
JBATA will not use personal information obtained through its operation for purposes outside of its operations.
Procedures for requests for disclosure of personal data and records on provision of personal data
The procedures for requests for disclosure of personal information or records on provision of personal data,or for personal data correction, addition or deletion of its contents, deletion or termination of use of personal information, suspension of disclosure to a third party, or requesting notification of the purpose of disclosing personal data (collectively "Disclosure etc") are as described below:
1. Scope of the Disclosure etc
Your retained personal data, or
Records on provision of Your personal data
2. Procedures for Requesting the Disclosure etc
Requests for Disclosure etc of retained personal data and records on provision of personal data are accepted only by mail. If the required documents (See "(1)," "(2)" and "Identity Verification Documents Pertaining to Requests for Disclosure, etc." below.) are incomplete, they will not be accepted. Please check before shipping. Please note that we will not return the documents you sent.
- A.Procedure by you
Please send all "a" - "c" below to the address below by mail.
a. Copy of your identity verification document
b. With respect to disclosure request, Disclosure request fees (please send exact change via registered mail).
c. Completed application form prescribed by JBATA
- B. Procedure by an agent (voluntary agent)
Please send all "a" to "c" of "A" and "a" to "b" of the representative to the following address by mail.
a.Copy of identity verification document of the agent (voluntary agent) handling the disclosure request
b.Material certifying the authority of representation (Power of Attorney)
(Please affix your personal seal to the power of attorney and attach the seal registration certificate (original) of the personal seal.)
The results of disclosure will be provided directly to you by the method selected by you in the application for disclosure (A written response will be sent by registered mail to you, and an electromagnetic response will be sent to your designated e-mail address.).
4. Disclosure request Fees
A. When the disclosure method is in writing
Disclosure fees are 844 yen per each case (Disclosure fee 400 yen (excluding consumption tax) (440 yen including tax), actual mailing cost 404 yen).
B.When the disclosure method is a PDF file
The total disclosure fee is 440 yen per each case (400 yen for disclosure fee (excluding consumption tax) (440 yen including tax)).
5. Mailing address
JBA TIBOR Administration
3-1, Marunouchi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005
(This English translation is provided exclusively as a convenience. Any questions that may arise in interpretation of words and provisions of these policies shall be interpreted in accordance with the Japanese original.)
Measures Taken for the Security Management of Retained Personal Data
In accordance with Article 23 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, JBATA has taken the following measures to ensure the security of personal data.
(Development of Rules on the Handling of Personal Data)
・Rules for handling personal data have been established for each stage of acquisition, input, use, processing, storage, transfer, transmission, erasure, disposal, etc., with regard to handling methods, managers and personnel in charge, and their duties.
(Organizational Security Management Measures)
・In addition to appointing managers and responsible for the handling of personal data, we specify the scope of personal data handled by officers and employees and officers and employees concerned, and develop a internal system for reporting to managers in the event that a fact or sign of a violation of laws or handling regulations is identified.
(Human Security Management Measures)
・Regular training is provided to officers and employees on matters to be considered when handling personal data.
(Physical Security Management Measures)
・At the locations where important personal data handling devices are installed, we control the entry and exit of officers and employees, restrict the devices they bring in, and implement measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal data.
(Technical Security Management Measures)
・Access control is implemented to limit the scope of personnel in charge and personal information databases handled.
(Understanding of External Environment)
・When handling personal data in a foreign country, security control measures is implemented after understanding the legal system for the protection of personal information in the foreign country.